(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
The eSpark Scooter is an electric version of Razor's popular Spark Scooter. As kids ride the eSpark, they can step on the spark bar to make a trail of sparks. The scooter goes up to 10 miles per hour, and runs up to 40 minutes of continuous use on a charge. The included 12-volt battery takes about 16 hours to charge inititially. The eSpark comes with two spark cartridges; an eight-inch pneumatic front tire; a high-torque, chain-drive motor; and twist-grip acceleration control.
Why It’s Fun
Riding a scooter is fun, but it's even more fun when sparks are involved. Kids will love making sparks fly as they ride around on the eSpark.
Who It’s For
The eSpark Scooter is for ages 8 and up.
What to Be Aware of
The weight limit is 120 pounds.
There's a learning curve when it comes to riding this electric scooter, but with practice kids will soon get the hang of it.
When riding the eSpark Scooter, always wear protective gear — helmets, kneepads, etc. Adults should supervise younger children when they ride scooters, skateboards, or bikes.