(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
The Junk Ball product lineup centers on one component: the Junk Ball. This official-sized plastic baseball has scuffmarks and a twisting ring around it. Turn the ring, aim the scuffmarks, and throw. The ball is designed to make it easy for anyone to throw curves, sliders, fastballs, or knuckleballs by twisting the ring and experimenting with what works best.
There are ball two-packs available. Each pack comes with the original white ball with red ring and a Junk Ball in one of three new color combinations.
Also available are 32-inch bat and ball sets in different colors, including glow-in-the-dark for nighttime play; the Junk Ball Strike Zone set that calls "strike!" when kids hit the target with a pitch; and the Junk Ball Ballpark in a Box set, which comes with four bases, a Strike Zone, and a Junk Ball.
Why It’s Fun
Junk Ball is great for kids who are just learning to pitch and play baseball and for kids who want to practice their pitching. Kids can practice on their own or gather friends and family for a Junk Ball game.
Who It’s For
Junk Ball is for ages 5 and up. Kids who are into baseball will like the Junk Ball product lineup.
What to Be Aware of
Don't try to hit Junk Balls inside. Always play outside.