Nerf Super Soaker Hydro Cannon
Nerf Super Soaker Hydro Cannon
(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
With the Nerf Super Soaker Hydro Cannon, kids can blast their opponents with water from up to 35 feet away. Simply pump to pressurize, then pull the trigger to let loose a massive burst of water. Customize the Hydro Cannon with the detachable shield accessory, which is included.
Why It’s Fun
Kids will really like the massive power of the Hydro Cannon. This water blaster combines the water power of Super Soaker blasters with technology and innovation of Nerf N-Strike blasters that allows for some serious soaking.
Who It’s For
The Hydro Cannon is for ages 6 and up.
What to Be Aware of
For the best blast, you need to pump the Hydro Cannon about 20 times.
This is definitely a strategic blaster in an all-out water fight, and it does deliver a drenching dose of water. However, since each blast virtually empties the water chamber, you'll find yourself having to fill this pretty often.
As with any water blaster, you'll want to set specific ground rules for play, including never shooting above the shoulders for example. Because it's easy to slip and fall when blasting water, be sure that kids are playing in an appropriate area.