Math-a-Magician Activity Set
Math-a-Magician Activity Set
(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
Math-a-Magician is a hands-on math activity set for kids. In keeping with the magic theme, the set comes with a magician's top hat and 36 rabbit figures (18 large in three colors and 18 small in three colors). There are many different ways to play with Math-a-Magician, all of which are outlined in the included activity guide. From simple counting and sorting to basic algebra, Math-a-Magician introduces math concepts to kids in a fun and hands-on way. The set also comes with a probability spinner, which is used in many of the activities.
Why It’s Fun
This cute and colorful activity set is full of hands-on play that makes the math and educational value secondary to the activities. To get the full effect of Math-a-Magician, we recommend that parents or caregivers play Math-a-Magician with their kids. The activity guide is written more for parents, anyway. Pick an activity from the book and guide your child in performing the activity so that he can better understand the math behind the fun.
Who It’s For
Math-a-Magician is for ages 4 and up.
What to Be Aware of
The Math-a-Magician Activity Set would also be great to use in the classroom, small groups, and at learning centers.
Remember, this isn't a classroom; it's play. Allow kids to engage in the activities with the emphasis on fun and entertainment.