Vectron Wave Battle
(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
The Vectron Wave Battle is a new version of last year's Vectron Wave, which hovers above any object/surface, such as your hand. This new version still flies but comes with a "laser" blaster that kids use to try and shoot down the Vectron Wave. Aim and fire correctly and the Vectron Wave lights up, signaling that its been hit. Once kids have hit the Vectron Wave three times, the motors stop spinning and the Vectron Wave falls to the ground. It can also be played with like the original Vectron Wave as just a cool flying toy. The Vectron Wave Battle set comes with an Air Hogs Vectron Wave, a laser blaster/charger, two catching sticks, and instructions.
Why It’s Fun
This new battle set brings interactivity and competition to the Vectron Wave. Kids will like the new challenge that this set brings. Battle against yourself or a friend to see who can bring down the Vectron Wave in the least amount of time.
Who It’s For
The Vectron Wave Battle is for boys ages 8 and up.
What to Be Aware of
The Vectron Wave Battle is for indoor use only. Adult supervision is advised. Keep the item away from obstacles (like ceiling fans) and electrical hazards.
It requires six AA batteries, which are not included.