I Can Play Sports Basketball
I Can Play Sports Basketball
(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
Fisher-Price's sports line I Can Play Sports introduces young kids to a variety of sports through realistic toys designed just for them—taking into account their developing physical and cognitive abilities. With the I Can Play Sports Basketball set, the Sure-Score Rim makes it easier for kids to make baskets even if their shot is off. As kids get older, and better at making baskets, parents can remove the Sure-Score Rim. The set grows with children because it adjusts to four height positions.
Why It’s Fun
Parents who want to introduce their children to sports and physical activity at an early age will like the I Can Play Sports line. The basketball set is great for introducing the basic elements of basketball, and there is a lot of play value in this set because of its "grow with me" adjustable height feature.
Who It’s For
I Can Play Sports Basketball is for ages 18 months — 4 years.
What to Be Aware of
There is no guarantee that kids will turn into the next Michael Jordan after playing with this toy, but this is a great item for introducing kids to the game and helping with gross motor development.
The sturdy construction will stand up to active play. Be sure to fill the base with water or sand.