Air Hogs RC Pocket Copter
Air Hogs RC Pocket Copter
(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
The R/C Pocket Copter is a mini helicopter that kids can hold in the palm of their hands and fly indoors. It comes with a remote control, and the package converts into a carrying case/charger.
Why It’s Fun
Kids (and grown-ups) love miniature R/C flying toys. The new Pocket Copter is a great blend of product and performance without a super high cost.
Who It’s For
The R/C Pocket Copter is for ages 8 and up. Kids will like this toy, but this is one that's going to appeal to grown-up kids as well.
What to Be Aware of
The controls are very sensitive. It may be challenging for younger kids to steer the helicopter in their desired flight patterns at first. However, if you're patient and practice, you'll find that you can maneuver it fairly easily.
It works best if you hold it in one hand and rev it up, and then let go so it will fly. We've found that that's easier than trying to take off from the floor or a table.
It lasts about 5-10 minutes on a charge and recharges quickly.
The R/C Pocket Copter requires six AA and three AAA batteries.