Lil’ Zoomers Shake & Crawl Racer
Lil’ Zoomers Shake & Crawl Racer
(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
When a baby shakes the rattle remote, the Lil' Zoomers Shake & Crawl Racer starts moving. The racer features two directional settings that can be set by moving the dial underneath the car. For the younger baby, the car moves in a circle, and when baby starts moving, the car can move straight ahead, encouraging baby to "race" and crawl after it. The car plays fun racing sound effects and lively music as it moves. There is also a spinner on top of the car that babies can activate manually to see it change from blue to red. The racer requires four AA batteries, which are included.
Why It’s Fun
This is a really cute toy, and not only is it great for helping babies explore cause and effect, but it is also a great tool for encouraging active play, particularly once babies start crawling. They'll be engaged and intrigued crawling after this cute, musical car. Babies can also play with the rattle remote on its own—they'll like the manipulative play of grabbing and touching the little race flag attached to the rattle and watching the colorful balls in the rattle's see-through top move around.
Who It’s For
The Lil' Zoomers Shake & Crawl Racer is designed for babies ages 6—36 months.
What to Be Aware of
Parents will need to turn the car's dial in order to change the direction of the racer.