Matchbox Big Rig Buddies
(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
Big Rig Buddies are smaller versions of boys' favorite group of working trucks, including Rocky the Robot Truck, Stinky the Garbage Truck, and Dexy the Digger Truck. This new assortment of smaller vehicles still delivers interactive features, but they are geared toward a younger audience. For instance, with Rocky, kids can move his dump truck up and down for pretend play.
Why It’s Fun
The Big Rig Buddies trucks are a great alternative to the larger, more expensive Real Talking Rigs trucks, making them perfect for a younger child. These smaller trucks enhance classic vehicle play with favorite characters and fun features.
Who It’s For
These smaller trucks are for boys ages 3 and up.
What to Be Aware of
A Big Rig Buddies playset is also available. The Scrap Yard Adventure playset allows kids to bring their Big Rig Buddies vehicles to life through three modular obstacle courses. The playset is sold separately.