(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
Dog Tag is a simple and fun bathtime toy. Kids use the two dog-shaped squirters to shoot water at 10 floating animal targets. There are different ways to play. If playing alone, kids can play Dog Tag like a matching game. Find the matching animals or colors and use the squirter to knock them down. If playing with an opponent (parent or sibling), Dog Tag becomes a race to see who can knock over the most animals. All of the pieces store inside the included mesh bag for easy storage and clean-up.
Why It’s Fun
This is a great way to make bathtime fun for little kids. The gameplay is easy for kids to understand and the waterplay action will keep them engaged—and keep fussy bathers in the tub long enough to get clean.
Who It’s For
Younger bathers, ages 3 and up, will enjoy playing Dog Tag the most.
What to Be Aware of
Dog Tag pieces are non-toxic and latex-free.
Though you could play with this on "dry land" or in the pool, it's always a good idea to keep toys specific to the bathtub. That way they're special for when the kids are having tub time.