(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
Kimochis are toys with feelings inside. In Japanese, "kimochi" means "feeling." Feelings can be messy, but that's where Kimochis come in. Using these cute plush toys, kids can get in touch with their own emotions in a fun and comfortable way. When kids can communicate their feelings, they cultivate confidence and character.
There are five Kimochis characters: Cloud, Huggs, Bug, Lovey Dove, and Cat. Each character has its own personality as well as a variety of feelings. Kids and parents can interact with each personality and feeling by visiting the website (www.kimochis.com) and reading the suggested roleplay scenarios that help kids practice good communication skills.
Each character comes as a 13-inch tall stuffed toy that includes a How to Feel Guide and three stuffed feelings characters. Mini Kimochis are six-inch versions of the five main characters. These come with a Kimochi comic book and a feeling keychain. There are also four different Mixed Feelings Packs. Each pack comes with five plush characters representing a different feeling and one is blank so kids can make their own feeling. A washable pen is included and everything fits inside a clear pouch.
Kimochis' goal is to also provide communication tools to parents, teachers, and kids to enable everyone to be better communicators and to express their feelings.