What’s in the Cat’s Hat? Game
What’s in the Cat’s Hat? Game
from I Can Do That! Games
This product is part of the
Dr. Seuss brand of toys
We recommend this product for
ages 3 and up
(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
Have you ever wondered if there's anything inside the Cat in the Hat's tall hat? Find out with the What's in the Cat's Hat? Game. This multi-sensory game is great for helping preschoolers with sensory skills, memory and deductive reasoning, creativity, and answering questions accurately. One player hides a household object (a brush, an apple, a tennis ball) of their choice inside the hat. Other players use questions, clues, and the hat's interactive exploratory features to discover what the object is. Exploration cards prompt players with questions and actions. Is it something we eat? What room does it belong in? Not sure? Try feeling the hat with your elbows, poking your finger through a hole, or looking at the object through the magic crystalline window that gives a sense of shape and size but distorts the object a bit. Children will enjoy hours of creative fun with this innovative game! It's different every time you play, which really adds to its value. (And we won't bother telling the kids they're learning important thinking skills, even though they are.) What's in the Cat's Hat? comes with one soft, felt hat, 32 exploration cards, and game rules. It is for two or more players.