TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
Race the clock or a friend with this twisty, turny, spherical, can't-put-it-down challenge game. Perplexus is a colorful 3-D maze contained in a clear plastic sphere, and players have to master the twists, turns, and barriers between start and finish—or end up completely perplexed!
To solve the maze, players hold the sphere and turn it to maneuver a small marble around challenging barriers along three different intersecting tracks. Unlike traditional flat-surface mazes that are composed of one path, Perplexus houses various tracks with 100 barriers and provides a three-dimensional experience, offering hours of entertainment and fun. Players select which track they would like to attempt, and then must work with gravity and carefully shift, flip, and twist the sphere to guide the marble. Players can race each other to see who can lead their marble out of the maze first. Or set a timer and try to finish the maze in record time. The relatively small size of Perplexus makes it great for take-along play, too.
Perplexus is a great game for helping children exercise their motor and dexterity skills, as well as improve their concentration and hand-eye coordination. It's also a lot of fun and players of all ages will enjoy figuring out how to beat the maze.