from Oregon Scientific, Inc.
This product is part of the
Barbie and Disney Fairies brand of toys
We recommend this product for
ages 3 and up
(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
Join Barbie and Tinker Bell in a magical world of learning with Oregon Scientific's Pocket Learners. Each Pocket Learner features eight fun learning games and exciting game play. Both have QWERTY keyboards that reinforce a real computer keyboard layout. The design is inspired by smart phones and handhelds that kids see their parents using, while at the same time being appropriately sized and designed for little ones.
The activities on the Barbie Pocket Learner are designed to help little girls strengthen vocabulary, spelling, numbers, shapes, memory, and more. Girls will also receive "text messages" from Barbie! The fashionable hand strap makes carrying the Pocket Learner easy. Little girls who want to be like mom or dad will like that the Barbie Pocket Learner resembles a Blackberry, albeit a very pink and sparkly Blackberry.
The Tinker Bell Pocket Learner has a more whimsical look to it—after all, it is Tinker Bell themed. Resembling a flower, this Pocket Learner features a grayscale LCD screen that provides guidance, feedback, and rewards as girls play. Girls will love receiving "text messages" from Tinker Bell.