Kid-Tough Video Camera
(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
Anything moms and dads own kids inevitably want. From cell phones to cameras, kids want to be just like mom and dad. Fisher-Price's Kid-Tough line has been bringing kid-friendly versions of adult gadgets to preschoolers for a few years now and the line just keeps expanding. The latest is the Kid-Tough Video Camera—a real video camera with the added benefit of being tough enough and easy enough for preschoolers to use. No matter how many times a kid drops it, this video camera will survive. Simple controls (no reading required) and large buttons make this camera preschooler-friendly. The camera features a 1.5-inch color LCD preview screen so kids can instantly play back the videos they've taken. There are also sturdy rubberized dual-handle grips and built-in memory for storing up to five minutes of video. An SD card slot allows for more storage. The Video Camera includes a TV out jack, USB cable for computer connection, and simple software that makes it easy to get the pictures from the video camera to the computer with just one click. Videos can also be downloaded into any video program. The camera comes in two colors: pink and blue. It requires four AA batteries, which are not included.