(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
Scrabble Flash is a fast-paced new take on a classic game. The game consists of five electronic tiles, each with a screen that shows letters. Scrabble Flash letter tiles contain Wonder-Link Technology, which recognizes new words when the tiles are placed side by side. Three different games are activated with the touch of a button, and players slide the tiles in a frantic race to create three-, four-, and five-letter words in 75 seconds, using only the letters given. When the Scrabble Flash tiles are lined up to create a new word, the tiles will light up and beep. The tiles also keep time and score. This technology allows players to compete individually against the game and try to earn the highest score possible. Easily portable and hard to put down, Scrabble Flash will have players hooked after the first game.
This is a truly innovative new game that in our game play sessions had people clamoring to play again and again. It's a level of challenge that everyone can relate to, and the technology works very well.
When you're done playing, the five tiles are stored easily in the included box.