(actual price may vary)
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
This updated version of Jarts is the classic lawn game without the metal spikes. Redesigned for today's kids, the new and improved rounded, plastic tips keep gameplay safe and help the Jarts soar farther.
The set comes with four Jarts in two colors and two circular targets. Set the game up like horseshoes with the two targets whatever distance apart you wish for your skill or challenge level. Take turns tossing the Jarts. Score a ringer with your lawn dart and earn three points. The player closest to the ring scores one point. The first player or team to score 21 points wins. Jarts is for two players or four players divided into two teams. Jarts comes with four lawn darts, two plastic target rings, and instructions.
Why It’s Fun
Jarts is a great outdoor game that can be played by virtually any age or skill level. You can make it as easy or as challenging as you want. It's a classic game that is easy to learn and fun to play.
Who It’s For
Jarts is for ages 8 and up.
What to Be Aware of
Even though the Jarts now have plastic tips, don't aim the Jarts at someone's face or at animals.