- from Hasbro
- We recommend this product for
ages 12 and up
$26.99 MSRP (actual price may vary)
Our team is currently searching the web to find you the best prices! Come back soon to see where it’s in stock, and how much it costs.
TimetoPlayMag.com Ratings and Reviews
At TimetoPlayMag.com, we want to engage, inform and entertain our readers to give them the benefit of our knowledge, experience and the breadth of products we cover. We look at more than 10,000 new toys and children’s products every year, and our primary purpose is to help you make the best choices for the kids in your life.
Our goal is to give you the real story on what you’ll find when you bring a toy home. And we know that every kid and every family is different. That’s why we always say: “The hot toy is only hot if it’s hot for your child.”
Our editorial team has more than 100 years combined experience working in the toy industry. Our rating system ranks toys on 4 key criteria:
- Fun — Does it engage the child? Does it inspire imaginative play? Does it contribute to creative expression? Is it entertaining?
- Repeat Play OR Collectibility — Some toys are played with, some are collected. If we feel a toy is better suited for collectibility, we’ll rank it based on Collectibility instead of Repeat Play.
- Repeat Play — Will kids come back to it over time? Does the toy allow diverse imaginative play experiences? Does it provide longer-term play value?
- Collectibility — Some toys may have limited traditional play, but kids will treasure them as collectibles.
- Assembly/Instructions — Is the toy easy to assemble? Are the instructions clear?
Over the years we’ve learned a lot about what makes great toys and exciting play experiences. We want to help you create the best experiences for your kids and your family.
Ultimately, you’re the best judge of what you want to bring into your home — and what’s best for your kids. And because you’re an important part of the Time to Play family, we invite you to let us know if you ever find an error or have any ideas how we can better help you. After all, we exist for one reason: to help you have more fun!
What It Is
This game can be played with four people, but it's even more fun with 6 people, so get a gang together and get playing.
You draw a card and have to get someone to say the word on the card without saying any of the Taboo words, which are also on the card. So if the word on the card is Baseball, you need to get your teammates to say baseball, but you can't use "pitcher," "hitter," "pastime," "sport" or "game," as any of your clues. "Jeter," "Pujols," "Dodger," or "Fenway," however, would be good clues.
You then have to see how many cards you can get right before the timer runs out. And, the best part is someone from the other team watches over your shoulder with "the buzzer" if you accidentally use a word not permitted. There's no board here, so you can play anywhere, and it's a fun interactive game where everyone can be relaxed, but you need to be sharp to win. (If you haven't noticed, playing the games is fun, but I like winning also!)