Jack the Giant Slayer took the top of the list but with only $28.01 million, that’s nothing to brag about. To give you an idea of how bad that is, John Carter, one of 2012′s biggest flops, opened last March to $30.2 million. The weekend was even worse for the other two new releases–21 and Over and The Last Exorcism Part II–with both performing worse than Identity Thief, which has been in theaters for four weeks now.
Here is The Top 10 for March 1 – 3, 2013:
1. Jack the Giant Slayer ($28,010,000)
2. Identity Thief ($9,706,000)
3. 21 and Over ($9,000,000)
4. The Last Exorcism Part II ($8,030,000)
5. Snitch ($7,700,000)
6. Escape From Planet Earth ($6,726,000)
7. Safe Haven ($6,300,000)
8. Silver Linings Playbook ($5,941,000)
9. A Good Day to Die Hard ($4,500,000)
10. Dark Skies ($3,556,000)
New Movies in bold.
Figures from Box Office Mojo
Follow me on Twitter for more movie news @JeffMMcKinney