Taken 2 easily took the top spot with $50 million, which is one of the best October debuts ever. Unfortunately, the weekend’s other new release, Frankenweenie, didn’t do so good. Despite great reviews (read Time To Play’s review here), the movie bombed and only made $11.5 million, which placed it at 5th on the list.
The other animated monster mash, Hotel Transylvania, is going through the opposite experience of Frankenweenie as it is getting terrible reviews (read Time To Play’s review here) but doing very well. Hotel earned another $26.3 million and the number two spot on the list.
Here is the Top 10 for the weekend of October 5 – 7, 2012:
1. Taken 2 ($50,000,000)
2. Hotel Transylvania ($26,300,000)
3. Pitch Perfect ($14,700,000)
4. Looper ($12,200,000)
5. Frankenweenie ($11,500,000)
6. End of Watch ($4,000,000)
7. Trouble with the Curve ($3,870,000)
8. House at the End of The Street ($3,698,000)
9. The Master ($1,840,000)
10. Finding Nemo 3D ($1,555,000)
Hey, are you on Twitter? So am I! Lets follow each other, @JeffMMcKinney